Chocolate Espresso Christmas Cheer
by Collette White | 22 November, 2018
Good Morning friends, Happy Thursday! I hope this finds you all well. It wouldn’t be Christmas in our home without a little Christmas Cheer 😉 For those that like to have a little sip of something on Christmas Eve as you are waiting for the Kids to go to sleep or on Christmas night when you are so happy and exhausted, then this is for you. Ridiculously delicious, but quite strong, so just a little is needed! ENJOY!
½ cup strong coffee (boiling hot)
2 tblspns cacao (or choc powder of choice)
½ tspn vanilla
pinch of salt
1 cup coconut milk
1 cup rice milk
½ cup rapadura
1 cup vodka
In a cup place the HOT coffee with the cacao, vanilla and salt. Mix well and set aside.
In a small saucepan place the coconut milk, rice milk and rapadura. Bring to the boil over a high heat, stirring constantly. Reduce heat to a simmer. Simmer for 10 minutes, stirring 2-3 times during this time.
Remove from coconut mixture from the heat and allow to cool to room temperature.
Once cool, add the coffee mixture and the vodka to the coconut mixture and stir well.
Pour into a bottle or jar and store in the fridge.
Serve in a glass with ice and enjoy!
- For a ‘creamier’ mixture you can replace the one cup of rice milk with another cup of coconut milk. Be careful to not overcook this mixture as you will end up with something really thick and similar to condensed milk (speaking from experience!)
- The mixture once cool will separate slightly in the fridge. Simply shake or stir before serving. I found the mixture with the rice milk did this more than the mixture with only coconut milk.
- The first time I used 2 tablespoons of ground coffee beans in the ½ cup of boiling water and I also used vanilla powder. Because of this I had to STRAIN this mixture before adding it to the coconut mixture.
- The second time I made it, I used a double shot of coffee in the ½ cup of boiling water so I didn’t have to strain it.
- If you don’t have coffee normally you CAN leave this out OR go to a Café and ask for a take-away double shot black coffee and use ½ a cup of it.
- Ask friends and family to save nice glass bottles throughout the year to put the mixture in!
- It is quite strong … and meant to be … only a small amount is needed in a glass with ice.
- You can swap the rice milk for milk of your choice
Wishing you a truly wonderful week ahead! I look forward to connecting with you more again soon.
Take Care of You,
“If your household is anything like mine, afternoons and evenings can be chaotic with after school sports, homework and extra curricular activities. At the end of a long day the last thing I feel like doing is cooking, yet I know my family need to be fed!”
Collette White | Cut out the Crap Slow Cooking
“As a Mum of four, I understand what it is like to juggle fulltime work and being a fulltime Mum, whilst wanting to provide a healthy and tasty lunch box for my children that is not going to get sent home without being eaten or have me slaving in the kitchen for hours.”
Collette White | Cut out the Crap Lunch Box Solutions