Blue Latte and Dark Chocolate Balls
by Collette White | 12 September, 2019
Good Morning friends! I hope this finds you all well. I made these balls a couple of weeks ago for my family, wanting a healthier treat using what I had in the pantry. They are super delicious and there are many variations for them, see the notes at the end of the recipe. I hope you enjoy them as much as we do!
2 cups desiccated coconut (170g)
½ cup rice malt syrup or honey
3 heaped tblspns blue latte powder
1 heaped tblspn collagen powder
1 tspn coconut oil
1 tspn vanilla extract
150g dark chocolate
Line a large tray with baking paper and set aside.
Place all ingredients except for the dark chocolate into a food processer and blitz on medium – high speed or until combined and sticky.
Make tblspn sized balls out of the mixture, place them on the lined tray and refrigerate for at least one hour.
Melt dark chocolate in a small saucepan. Use two forks to dip one ball at a time into the chocolate until coated thoroughly. Place back on the lined tray and refrigerate for a further hour before enjoying.
Store in an airtight container in the fridge.
Makes approx. 15
- Depending on the brand of Latte and Chocolate you buy, these treats can be Gluten and Dairy free
- Made with rice malt syrup these are not sweet, the coconut and dark chocolate will be the dominant flavour
- Honey will make them sweeter, however be aware that the honey flavour can be overpowering
- If you wanted these super sweet (however not as healthy), you can swap the rice malt syrup or honey for condensed milk
- Swap blue latter powder for * latte powder of any kind * cacao * protein powder * ½ the amount of turmeric powder
- Collagen Powder can be left out if you wish
Take Care of You,
“If your household is anything like mine, afternoons and evenings can be chaotic with after school sports, homework and extra curricular activities. At the end of a long day the last thing I feel like doing is cooking, yet I know my family need to be fed!”
Collette White | Cut out the Crap Slow Cooking
“As a Mum of four, I understand what it is like to juggle fulltime work and being a fulltime Mum, whilst wanting to provide a healthy and tasty lunch box for my children that is not going to get sent home without being eaten or have me slaving in the kitchen for hours.”
Collette White | Cut out the Crap Lunch Box Solutions